Okay, a mother of seven boys did not just take her 3 old for an x-ray because he swallowed a BULLET! Yep, that is what I DID do today! Let me explain. My 15 year old told me that our 3 year old came to him and handed him a bullet and that the other one went down his throat. My first reaction was no, he is making it up. But my mommy insticts told me he was telling the truth. Now what do we do? I was sure he was going to litterally blow up! My sensible 15 year old told me there has to be a large impact for that to happen. So after I had my second panic attack, I called the poison control center. I could not believe what sentence was going to come out of my mouth. "What are the dangers of a 3 year old swallowing a 22 caliber bullet?" I was sure he was going to be shocked! To my amazement, he said, "Maam, you can't believe the things we hear and this is not the first time we have received a call like this." (I'm sure he was just being kind!) He then told me to take him for an x-ray but everything should be fine. I was amazed! My child has a loaded bullet full of gunpowder with lead and brass covering it IN HIS BELLY, but it should be okay! I called my sister-in-law who is an EMT at our local hospital and she called the ER doctor and he said all we need to do is take him for an x-ray and get his lead levels checked in the morning. So we did. The proof was in the picture. There was the bullet sitting right in the middle of his abdomen! It looks like it has passed through the intestines which is a good sign, but I still need to make sure he does not have pain or develop a fever in the next 48 hours. It was like an episode of ER! The whole wing of the doctor's office had gathered around the x-ray! They were amazed. I about charged an admission fee! So, I now have another piece of wisdom behind me. The next time one of my children eats a bullet, I will just say, "It'll pass!"