The difference between the 1st and the 11th:
With the first child, you cannot WAIT to wear materinity clothes! With the 11th, your regular clothes ARE your maternity clothes! :)
The 1st pregnancy, you watch and know EVERYTHING that you eat, by the 11th, you realize that a diet coke here or a candy bar there won't do permnant damage on the baby!
With the 1st baby, I had the nursery ready 3 months before the baby was even due! By the 11th, I had to have my husband get down the bassinet and newborn clothes the day we came home from the hospital.
My 1st child had matching nursery decor and beautiful white burp cloths. My 11th has every color of the rainbow blankets and burp cloths? As long as there is SOMETHING around to wipe it up, we are good!
- 1st child, had a closet full of brand new baby clothes that FILLED his closet, my 11th does not even have a closet!
- All of my 1st babies clothes fit him perfectly! My 11th wears whatever I have out. Maybe a little snug, maybe have to roll the sleeves up a bit, but at least he is warm!
- The baby book I have for my 1st child has EVERYTHING written down from weight to gifts, the 11th...have not EVEN started his baby book yet and he is 8 months old!
- The 1st seemed so "old" to me when he was 2 years old, the 11th seems like a newborn at 8 months!
- My 1st had birthday "celebrations" with store bought cakes and Chuck 'e' Cheese with an entire choir of family and friends singing happy birthday. My 11th... will have a homemade birthday cake after we eat dinner! (Hey, at least he will still have an entire choir singing happy birthday!)
- I just HAD to get my 1st child potty-trained by the time he was 2! My 11th? I fully understand he will not want to wear diapers by the time he leaves home!
- With the first child, naps were NEVER missed! By the 11th, if we need to go somewhere, he can sleep in the car!
- I always gave the first baby his daily bath after my shower EVERY day, the 11th? When I feel like he needs one.
- I had a wipe warmer for the first baby! #11? As long as it's wet, it will do!
- My first had a crib, diaper changer table, dresser, rocking chair and swing in his room. With 11, he has a crib in our room that is all!
- I love my first with everything in me so much that it hurts! #11? Nothing has changed!
Motherhood does not get easier with the 11th, but I do know that I take time to enjoy the little things more and spend less time sweating the small stuff! I love this job! God is sooooooo good!