Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I am not but I know the 'I AM'

I can tell you that this definition describes my life lately:
re·fine :
  1. remove impurities: to produce a purer form of something by removing the impurities from it, or become pure through such a process
  2. make something more effective: to improve something through small changes that make it more effective or more subtle
  3. make or become more elegant: to make somebody or something more cultured or elegant by eliminating less acceptable habits and tastes, or become more cultured in this way

I really don't like refining!  It is sometimes painful, agonizing, exhausting and just plain unenjoyable! I have had it happen many times in my life and it is never appealing until...

I realize how much I needed it and how much God has shown me in the process.  God has used my children, husband and life circumstances to refine me.  Sometimes it has been one of those at a time, other times it seems ALL of them are being used at once!  It has been the latter!  For weeks, God has been getting me to a place of more surrender and brokeness!  More job rejections for my sweet hubby, more questions than answers so it would appear!  However, through the small changes he as done in me (look at #2 up above), I think I have become more effective in what He is trying to accomplish in my life! 

I have gotten weary!  I should not be surprised that my flesh has acted as flesh!  But I do have a greater hope!  It is in Jesus and the cross!  He is my high priest!  Just as the people went to the high priest with all of their "issues", in God's eyes, they were made whole because of who the high priest was!  That is how it is with Jesus!  I have been made whole because of who HE is!  I am so thankful for that!  The refining and His grace has taught me to look more and more to Him knowing He does have all I need!  So my questions are answered in what Moses found...He is the 'I AM'!  That is what He is for us to! 

For that I am so thankful!  I can rest knowing His refining is only drawing me to Him!  The exhaustion of motherhood, the demands of daily life, and the good and bad, are ALL taken care of by 'I AM'!  I am not but 'I AM' is!  I love that! 

Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

No more trying to achieve MY plan or searching for a way to get rid of the burdens but total rest in knowing that He has it all!

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Let Him be the 'I AM' in your life!  To all your questions, the anwer is HIM, the 'I AM'!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails